Reinforced Input Housing Kit with Heavy Duty Input Shaft
OE Part No: 24230653, 24230654
- Input Housing with 300mm Input Shaft Assembly
- Input Drum Reinforcement Sleeve Installed
- Overrun Piston
- Overrun Piston Inner Seal
- Overrun Piston Outer Seal
Fits 300mm reluctor style units only.
Sonnax reinforced OE input housing and heavy-duty input shaft kit 77733-15K is a great upgrade for 4L60-E, 4L65-E and 4L70-E high performance and heavy-duty applications. Shaft is made of specially heat-treated steel with very hard outer layers and a more ductile inner core for strength and resistance to fracture. Feed holes are chamfered to reduce stress and the shaft is further processed by shot peening and deep cryogenic treatment.
The high-strength 300mm non-reluctor style input shaft and OE housing comes with a reinforcement sleeve installed on the housing to strengthen the aluminum splines, which are otherwise prone to cracking. This kit includes a custom-manufactured overrun piston that is designed to be used only with a stamped steel forward piston, eliminating the need to use OE cast forward piston or aftermarket billet forward piston.
For greater levels of performance, Sonnax offers a Smart-Tech® input housing kit with heavy duty input shaft, 77733-11K, that features additional input housing and 3-4 upgrades.
- All new drum and high strength shaft assembly
- 57% harder than standard OE shaft
- Compatible with stamped steel forward pistons
- Reinforced input drum
- Must be used with '97-later stamped steel forward piston. Cannot be used with '96-earlier aluminum forward piston or Sonnax billet forward piston 77764-01.
- This kit must be used with a '97-later dual-cage return spring (24206085). See instructions for details.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.