Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Burnt clutches
- Erratic line pressure
- Low converter & lube flow
- Poor shift quality
- TCC apply & release concerns
Continuous oscillation of pressure regulator valve results in excess bore wear, causing erratic line pressure and/or restricting converter feed oil.
Recover hydraulic control and renew line pressure performance by reconditioning the bore and installing Sonnax oversized pressure regulator valve kit.
Oversized Pressure Regulator Valve Kit
- Spacer Sleeve
Hyundai/Kia A6LF1/2/3, A6GF1 and A6MF1/2 transmissions may exhibit multiple line pressure and converter-related problems due to excess wear in the main pressure regulator bore. Wear at the balance spool end allows critical fluid loss, resulting in high line pressure, harsh shifts, and overheating due to reduced cooler/converter flow. Wear at the outboard spool robs converter feed pressure and lowers line pressure, resulting in soft shifts and burnt clutches. Reconditioning the bore and installing Sonnax oversized pressure regulator valve kit 102741-08K restores hydraulic integrity for proper line pressure control and improved shifting in all ranges.
- Oversized pressure regulator valve and matched spring restore OE function
- Lengthened critical spools for improved seal and stability
- Hardcoat anodized aluminum valve combats premature wear
- Annular grooves help center valve in bore to reduce future side-load wear