- Burnt clutches
- Line pressure instability
- Loss of fuel economy
- No line rise
- Pressure loss
- Pressure switch codes
- Shift concerns
- TCC apply & release concerns
- TCC codes
Loss of oil pressure due to worn components in critical oil circuits and/or pressure switch failure.
Recover hydraulic control, restore normal shift operation and save the transmission control unit by installing Sonnax Zip Kit.
- Pressure Switch Rebuild Kit Seals (5), Laminate Discs (5), Installation Tool Kit
- O-Ringed End Plug Kit
- Isolator Valve Kit
- TCC Regulator Apply Valve, Shuttle Valve, End Plug, Spring & O-rings 2 O-rings, 1 Extra
- 4-5-6 Accumulator Piston Kit
- AFL Valve, Sleeve, Spring & Clip
- Checkballs (9) .250" dia.
- Drill Bit Not Shown
- Aluminum Plugs (2) 1 Extra, Not Shown
Sonnax Zip Kit 6T70-ZIP targets the root cause of multiple concerns by sealing critical circuit pressure losses in the first generation GM 6T70 and 6T75 valve bodies. The kit contains uniquely-designed parts to prevent the loss of pressures within the main line, clutch apply control, actuator feed and lockup control circuits. The kit also seals multiple circuits known to suffer from end plug leakage or poor checkball sealing. No separate special tools are required for installing these parts.
Replacement pressure switch seals and laminate discs in this Zip Kit address various trouble codes related to failures of fluid pressure switches internal to the transmission electro-hydraulic control module (TEHCM). The installation tools included in this kit allow rebuilders to perform switch repairs quickly, easily and safely.
The Zip Kit quick guide provides clear and easy instructions on one sheet to get the unit sealed up and back on the road quickly. In addition to general rebuilding tips and technical information, the technical booklet included in this kit contains vacuum testing information and locations at other key areas of the valve body.
- No reaming required
- Installs quickly with no separate special tools required
- Uniquely designed parts address root causes of valve body concerns by sealing critical pressure circuits
- Detailed technical booklet included with in-depth rebuild and inspection tips for comprehensive valve body repair
- Allows salvage of expensive TEHCM
In addition to general rebuilding tips and technical information, the technical booklet included in this kit contains vacuum testing and additional repair options for higher mileage units, or for repairing specific complaints which are beyond the scope of this kit.
Click on the unit names to view all recommended Sonnax repair options for these transmissions.
Before installing pressure switch repairs, test switches to verify proper electrical operation. This Zip Kit repairs laminate disc and seal failures only, it will not rectify electrical breakdown. See instructions for details.
- Patent Pending
The Sonnax ZIP KIT®
The First Step in Correcting Common Shift Problems
It's easy to restore and extend vehicle shift quality with Zip Kits. Uniquely designed Sonnax parts target the root cause of valve body complaints and stop critical circuit pressure losses in the most common problem areas of the transmission.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.
Valve Body Layouts
Related Tech Articles