- 1-2 Shudder
- Coastdown clunk
- High CVIs
- Slide shifts
Scuffed and worn accumulator bores result in a poor seal and driveability complaints.
These accumulator piston and sleeve kits provide a new bore along with pistons and seals designed to enhance sealing and durability.
Accumulator Piston & Sleeve Kit
- O-Rings (2)
- PTFE Seals (2)
Provides shorter shifts than OE, Works in any of 3 accumulator locations
In 41TE/42LE & related Chrysler transmissions it is common to have the accumulator bores scuffed and worn due to the rubbing action of the seals. This creates a poor seal resulting in driveability complaints of shudder or slide shifts. Sonnax offers two accumulator bore sleeve and piston kits, 92834-03K and 92834-05K, that re-establish hydraulic integrity and save valuable cases and valve bodies.
- Kits salvage valve bodies or cases with worn alumimum bores.
- Sleeves are made from carbon steel that will resist scuffing and wear.
- The piston included in the kits has two scarf-cut PTFE seals with graphite filler to preventcross leakage.
- The 92834-03K kit reuses the OE springs which, with the reduced replacement piston diameter, will provide shorter than factory shifts. The 92834-05K includes two custom springs designed to work with the replacement piston in restoring OE-style shifts.
- Both kits can be used in the underdrive, overdrive, low/reverse, or 2-4 accumulator bores.