Multi-Plate Converter Clutch Kit
- Turbine Hub
- Turbine Hub Rivets (12)
- PTFE Seal
- Energizer Ring
- Clutch Plate with Internal Splines
- Clutch Plate with External Splines
- Thrust Washer
- Front Cover
- Complete Damper Assembly
- Stator Cap
- Bearing Turbine-side
- Turbine Hub Input Spline Count: 25
- Clutch Material: HTE
- Core: Allison LCT 1000 (Captive Clutch)
- Dampered: Yes
- Lock Up: Yes
When full-size GM diesel trucks are modified for either racing or street use, OE clutch plates slip and just do not hold. Limited damper capacity further cripples performance. Upgrading to an aftermarket multi-plate converter is the only solution.
Sonnax multi-plate clutch kit AL-RK-4 improves holding capacity in Allison LCT 1000 (Captive Clutch) converters without sacrificing stock shift action. Clear instructions, minimal setup and easy assembly make these foolproof upgrades. All-new kit components eliminate the rework and limitations associated with salvaged parts.
The unique design delivers the same torque as a damperless multi-plate, and a patented piston/damper assembly controls the extra power for balanced performance.
Enhanced design features include:
- Fully-machined, forged piston and custom damper rivets won’t bend under extreme lockup pressure.
- Piston is tested and proven to withstand bending up to 400 psi.
- Increased oil flow improves cooling and lubrication of clutch plates.
- Patented piston/damper assembly absorbs up to 1,250 ft-lbs. of torque.
- Three non-segmented, high-thermal, high-torque capacity friction elements.
- Patent No. 7,770,704
Sonnax Performance Converter Kits
Engineered to Deliver Builds that Last
Designed from the ground up to outperform OE and other aftermarket components, Sonnax has you covered with a full line of performance converter kits for gas and diesel vehicles. Offering the widest variety of options in the aftermarket, these innovative kits deliver customized performance and value.
Small/Large Diameter Single-Plate/Multi-Plate/Non-Lockup Dampered/DamperlessLearn more about Sonnax performance converter kits!
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.