Ford 6R60: Clearing the KAM, Shift Adapt & Relearn Procedure
Questions? Email Sonnax Tech Support about this article.
After the transmission has been replaced, overhauled, or the valve body has been replaced, the shift adapts should be relearned:
- The transmission fluid temperature MUST be above 175° F or 80°C.
- Clear any trouble codes with a scan tool.
- Clear the TCM KAM (keep alive memory) and adaptive tables with scan tool.
- Drive vehicle allowing the transmission to shift 1st through 5th while keeping the engine RPMs between 1300-1800.
- Gently brake to a stop and hold the brake on for 15 seconds.
- Repeat steps 4-5 at least 5 times.
While Sonnax makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of technical articles at time of publication, we assume no liability for inaccuracies or for information which may become outdated or obsolete over time.