48RE Converted Valve Body ('03-Later)
Part No. CHR135
- Valve Body
- Detent Ball .363" dia.
- Manual Valve
A 48RE core must be returned to your distributor for proper credit.
Can be used for slight performance upgrade on 46RE and 47RE applications.
Cores for Chrysler light-to-medium-duty trucks are scarce and often modified beyond repair. Patent-pending innovation allows Sonnax to convert plentiful early-model RE Chrysler cores to premium-quality 48REs.
- 100% tested to ensure pressure curves and timing match 48RE OE design.
- Great for pressure and lockup upgrades in 46/47RE.
- Refurbished and improved with Sonnax parts.
Valve body part improvements include:
- Sonnax manual valve
- Sonnax oversized throttle valve kit
- Sonnax valve body detent ball and sleeve kit
- Sonnax oversized 4-spool switch valve
- Sonnax oversized lube regulated PR valve and line/TV pressure plug kit
- Patent-pending pressure curve components
- Patent-pending lockup conversion components
- 3-4 accumulator spring
- New governor pressure solenoid
- New governor pressure sensor
If using in a 46/47RE application, a triple-plate converter must be used.
Valve Body to Case Torque Specs: 100 in-lbs
- Patent Pending
Related Tech Articles
- Dodge 48RE Hydraulic Features Revealed
- Chrysler 48RE Valve Body Identification
- 48RE Transmission Throttle Valve Actuator Codes
- Transmission Report: Your Source for Quality Remanufactured Valve Bodies
- Torque Converter Journal: A Slippery Slope - The What (and Why) of Woven Carbon
- Transmission Report: U341E/F TCC Slip Diagnosis