Sonnax Career Opportunities
Enjoy a rewarding career and relaxing quality of life in beautiful Southern Vermont.
Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont and recipient of the Governor's Worksite Wellness Award, Sonnax is a leading supplier to the automotive aftermarket. We design, manufacture, test and distribute a wide variety of innovative, high quality products used to remanufacture torque converters, rebuild automatic transmissions, upgrade driveshafts and protect the driveline from over-torque damage.
Sonnax is one of the fastest growing companies in the state of Vermont. Our name has become synonymous with exceptional service, cutting-edge designs, technical knowledge and customer dedication. Join an exciting front-line team focused on developing and delivering the best products in the industry, a team whose imagination, hard work and results are rewarded.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to deliver results as a key member of the Manufacturing organization working in a dynamic and action oriented Continuous Improvement environment. This position develops and maintains manufacturing methods and processes, performs root cause analysis and develops and implements robust solutions in accordance with the business priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery (timeliness) and Continuous Improvement.
- Ensures all solutions implemented provide a safe and ergonomic work environment.
- Adept in using and/or leading A3, CEDAC, KATA and other problem solving techniques to determine root cause and provide robust collaborative solutions for process and product investigations.
- Works with both manufacturing and cross-functional team members to support new product and process development, manufacturing operations, quality and continuous improvement projects.
- Works in a collaborative manner with all areas to develop best methods and practices. Ensures that solutions are understood and implemented.
- Analyzes data, interprets trends and initiates improvement solutions on key performance metrics.
- Creates/supplies production routings, bills of materials, work instructions and manufacturing cost analysis and processing prints to all applicable work cells, and departments.
- Assists/advises Design Engineers as to the best possible design for manufacturability to ensure product Quality and most effective manufacturing methods to keep cost down.
- Designs, identifies and implements new equipment, tooling and work holding devices into the manufacturing process.
- Stays apprised of new technologies to improve efficiency and resolve manufacturing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other similar technical degree. Minimum of 5-years related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement, Lean or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrated process knowledge of machining processes and inspection techniques.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Solid Works. MS Office suite including spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn and use a computer based ERP program. Knowledge of GD & T is desirable.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO9001 preferred.
- Knowledge of automotive drivetrain technology is desired but not required.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
Ability to wear required PPE for area, including safety glasses and steel toed shoes.