Sonnax Career Opportunities
Enjoy a rewarding career and relaxing quality of life in beautiful Southern Vermont.
Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont and recipient of the Governor's Worksite Wellness Award, Sonnax is a leading supplier to the automotive aftermarket. We design, manufacture, test and distribute a wide variety of innovative, high quality products used to remanufacture torque converters, rebuild automatic transmissions, upgrade driveshafts and protect the driveline from over-torque damage.
Sonnax is one of the fastest growing companies in the state of Vermont. Our name has become synonymous with exceptional service, cutting-edge designs, technical knowledge and customer dedication. Join an exciting front-line team focused on developing and delivering the best products in the industry, a team whose imagination, hard work and results are rewarded.
The Senior Buyer is responsible to deliver results as a key member of the Purchasing Team, representing the customers’ best interests, and assuring requirements are established and planned for customer satisfaction. The scope of this assignment is from material requirements through delivery to customer; including supplier management to ensure business requirements (cost, quality, and delivery) are met. The ‘hands-on” Senior Buyer will ensure delivery of products from suppliers and achieve objectives for Quality and delivery through excellence in planning, sourcing, execution and follow-up. This involves multiple interfaces within the company (including cross functional teamwork) and with supplier partners to procure products, materials, supplies and services for customer requirements and business needs.
- Works as part of a purchasing team of buyers and planners to support the company’s material requirements for production and new product development.
- Negotiates, establishes and manages year to year purchasing agreements and/or contracts with key supplier partners.
- Analyzes and interprets data/trends on key supplier performance metrics (KPI’s). Engages and collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop and improve suppliers through root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Travels domestically (occasionally internationally) in support of supplier management, assessment and development.
- Supports and maintains purchasing standards and on-going objectives to achieve department objectives and KPI targets. Works with a daily cadence to ensure predictable outcomes.
- Engages and applies practical problem solving methods and root cause analysis and corrective actions on product investigations (e.g. product defects and customer feedback).
- Reviews practices, procedures and processes, seeking ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness, reduce risk to product quality, delivery and costs. Negotiates for best outcome.
- Provides guidance to supplier/partners on material deviations or alternatives, and coordinates with Engineering and Supplier Quality to bring closure on material changes or exceptions.
- Participates on-site assessment and evaluation of Sonnax suppliers.
- BS/BA degree preferred and two (2) or more years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering; AS degree and combination of experience considered.
- Experience in precision metal fabrication, industrial products, machined assemblies preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean certification a plus.
- Knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) desirable.
- APICS certification or related professional training preferred.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO9001, TS16949 preferred.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to wear required PPE for area, including safety glasses and steel-toed shoes.