Torque converter clutch material is engineered by the OEMs to operate in conjunction with vehicle computer programming. To meet the varied needs of the aftermarket, Sonnax strives to offer a full line of friction products in a wide variety of sizes and materials. Rebuilders should choose the product that best matches their specific vehicle requirements.
Materials Designed for Slip Converters
- HTS - Designed for high-thermal capacity applications. Replaces spun-wound, woven or other carbon-based materials.
- WC - Genuine OE woven carbon material developed by OEMs for continuous slip GM and Ford applications.
Materials Designed for Full Lockup Converters
Learn more about Friction Rings
- HTE - Thermal capacity of Kevlar®, with improved consistency and shudder resistance.
- HTL - High thermal and exceptional torque capacity for the most demanding torque-holding applications.
- XTL - 30% More torque holding capacity than HTL. Available only for a small range of extreme-duty lockup applications.